If you’re like me, you love making memories. Even though times are uncertain in our world, a great socially distanced road trip is still good for the soul. So, on this first day of fall, I am sharing with you a guest article that suggests many beautiful places to visit during this time of the year. I hope you enjoy it! Please let me know if you visit any of these places or plan to visit them soon.
Crisp cool air, colorful foliage, and fewer travelers clogging up the highways makes fall the perfect time to take a vacation. Whether you are driving an RV across the country, exploring a national park, playing cowboy at a dude ranch, or leaf peeping by bicycle, we have rounded up six of the best autumn vacations for every type of traveler.
- Fall Under the Big Sky: Fall in Big Sky, Montana, brings golden aspen and cottonwood trees, fly fishing for feisty trout and bugling elk. Hike a local trail, wade a world-class river or go on a wildlife safari in nearby Yellowstone National Park, then enjoy the hospitality and comfort of suite accommodations at The Wilson Hotel in Big Sky’s Town Center. https://thewilsonhotel.com/
- Leaf Peeping by Bike: Take a two-wheeled tour beneath canopies of gold, orange and red leaves in the Green Mountains with Adventure Cycling Association. Plan your own trip on the Green Mountains Loop, riding from Burlington, Vermont, into New Hampshire and along the Connecticut River, then back across to New York and the shores of Lake Champlain. An organized tour is also available in 2021. https://www.adventurecycling.org/
- RV Fall Foliage Road Trip: Blacksford is a new recreational vehicle rental business offering fully stocked Mercedes-Benz Sprinter overland adventure vehicles from Winnebago with an all-inclusive pricing model that includes unlimited miles, no generator fees, bedding, bath and kitchen supplies, free Wi-Fi, a free annual pass to national parks and 24-hour roadside assistance. https://www.blacksford.com/
- Glamp Near a National Park: Just minutes from Jackson Hole, Fireside Resort offers 25 pint-sized, luxuriously outfitted tiny house rental units designed by Wheelhaus. The resort is located a stone’s throw from Grand Teton National Park and the Jackson Hole ski slopes. It is a great place to post up for a fall getaway.https://www.firesidejacksonhole.com
- Play Cowboy at a Dude Ranch: Red Reflet Ranch is a 28,000-acre luxury resort and working ranch on the west slope of the Bighorn Mountains, just three hours from Yellowstone National Park. Guests stay in private chalets and enjoy family-friendly activities like horseback riding, ATVing, ziplining, swimming, hiking, fishing, shooting and feasting on farm-to-table cuisine. http://redrefletranch.com/
- National Park Bicycle Tour: Escape Adventures has been leading cycling vacations through some of the most awe-inspiring natural destinations in the world since 1992. From road cyclists and mountain bikers to electric bikers, Escape Adventures offers an array of bicycle tours in iconic destinations like Yellowstone National Park, Zion National Park, the Oregon Coast, and the Grand Canyon. https://escapeadventures.com/